Friday, February 16, 2007

Fine Dining

Eating in a National Park is always an adventure. When you avoid the hamburger/hot dog cafeteria, and try to find a sit down meal all bets are off. So I end up in the Arizona Room of the Bright Angel motel. Steak, pork chop, chicken and lasagna. The waiter (from Lake Oswego) wrinkled his nose when I asked about the lasagna so it looked like a meal of meat would be preferable.

So I chose the pork chops and accompaniments. As I described my meal to Pam, she was horified that they served both a potato and canned corn, two starches in one meal.

I was very proud to call her the next night and explain that two starches was nothing. At a restaurant in Tusayan, outside the park, my pork chops were accompanied by 1) potato, 2) corn on cob, 3) roll, and 4) baked beans.

Oh and both nights, ice berg lettuce salad!

No comments: