Thursday, April 12, 2007

By the numbers ...

I quote from a recent missive received from Dan Flaherty, S.J., "the end is near...". Of course that is totally out of context for this blog but it is fitting.

This will be my last entry from this adventure. Being a bean counter it only seems appropriate that it would be concluded with some statistics. So here we go ...
  • Total sabbatical days - 59
  • Nights away from home - 46
  • National Park Passport cancellation stamps - 39
  • Number of blog posts - 50
  • Shower caps collected - 14
  • Total miles driven - 8,280
  • Total traffic tickets - 0 (yes, zero)
  • Number of pictures taken - 2,064
  • Number of states visited - 8
  • Number of times talked to self - infinite
  • Number of times answered myself - about half of those
  • March Madness pool correct picks - 45 of 63
  • Hospitals visited - 1
  • Shit on by birds - 0 (yes, there is a story to this. More than once on vacation I have been the recipient of a special present from pigeons and/or seagulls)
  • Margaritas drunk - 26 (est.)
  • Lone Star Beers - not enough!
  • Number of buttons collected - 36
  • Days with more than 3.25 inches of rain - 1
  • New friends - too many to count
  • New enemies - yes, a few of them too

So that pretty well wraps it up. I want to express a special thank you to John Whitney, S.J. who allowed me this time away. I promised him I would come back and even though tempted, I am once again back at my post. Also, thanks to Pam who picked up all the chores while I was away, not a minor task.

So cheers, I hope you enjoyed some of the journey with me.


No comments: